Maintaining a good skincare routine is important for many reasons. You want to keep your skin clean and healthy while being confident in yourself! Constant skin issues can cause embarrassment and anxiety and lead to low self-esteem. Dryness in particular is a common concern that many people deal with.
Especially in climates where cold, harsh, and dry weather conditions are common, it’s easy for skin to become dry and irritated. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to both treat and prevent dry skin. From professional treatments to at-home remedies, plump, soft, and hydrated skin is closer than you think!
Professional Facial Treatments
There’s a whole world of professional facial treatments out there, with all kinds of benefits. We offer a fantastic selection of treatments designed to keep your skin healthy, clear, and glowing! For dry skin in particular, there are a couple of treatments that are a great place to start:
Collagen is crucial to the health and maintenance of skin. Our bodies produce it naturally, though some people struggle to produce enough. Poor collagen production can stem from poor diet and lifestyle choices, genetics, and also aging.
As we get older, collagen production naturally slows down. Left ignored, this can cause premature aging in the skin. A lack of collagen also leaves skin looking and feeling dull and lifeless.
On the other hand, when we support our body’s collagen production, skin is rejuvenated, hydrated, and brought to life. You can support collagen production through diet and supplements, but kickstarting the process with our collagen repair treatment will set you up for success right away.
Our collagen repair treatment is non-invasive and gentle. It’s also an enjoyable and relaxing experience for you! The treatment comprises of a few steps:
- Cleanse, exfoliate, and tone. We start with a deep clean with top-notch products to get your skin ready for the treatment.
- Oxygen infusion therapy. Here, we use a handheld applicator to apply a powerful serum of vitamin C, niacinamide, and more deeply into your skin.
- The Masque. This masque contains 92% pure collagen along with red algae and is applied directly to the face, penetrating the skin. Once done, hyaluronic acid is applied to enhance the effects.
- Infusion with dome. This final step allows you to relax for 30 minutes while we place a special dome over your face that finishes the treatment.
- Finally, we’ll moisturize your skin and protect it with a zinc-based sunscreen. Now you’re good to go!
It’s recommended that you receive this treatment once a month for about six months. After that, the skin tightening, smoothing, and plumping results will be more permanent. If you continue taking steps to enhance and support collagen production afterward, you’ll be in great shape.
Better collagen production helps you enjoy a plumper, more hydrated, and clearer complexion that continues to defy aging for years to come!
Another great treatment for chronically dry skin is skin resurfacing. This is another non-invasive procedure using the power of laser microchannels and radiofrequency to enhance and improve your skin.
The technology offers a deep exfoliation of the outer skin layers while strengthening elastin, and stimulating collagen. This results in a beautifully lifted, smooth, and tighter appearance. Often, these results are visible after just one session.
This treatment is a little more intensive. We start by cleansing your skin before applying numbing cream. This keeps you nice and comfortable while the device does its job.
Afterward, your skin will be slightly swollen and red. This is perfectly normal and means the treatment worked. You’ll continue to see some effects for a few days following treatment:
- Skin will appear pink for one or two days.
- Around day three, your skin will feel dry and flaky.
- Rough, dry skin will shed and flake off, revealing a plump, smooth, and lifted appearance by about day seven.
At-Home Remedies and Skincare
In-office treatments are often more intensive than what you can do at home. They offer wonderful benefits and often immediate results. However, you still must do your part. The best results will come when you maintain a good skincare routine at home, focusing on your specific issues and using the right products.
To prevent dry skin, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Use gentle, hydrating cleansers without harsh or drying ingredients.
- Look for moisturizers designed specifically for dry skin.
- Always wear sunscreen to avoid additional drying and damage from the sun.
- Use a humidifier at home if your environment is dry.
- Always apply moisturizer immediately after bathing.
If you’re already suffering from dry skin and aren’t sure what to do, try some of these tips and remedies:
- Amp up the moisture with olive oil. Olive oil contains squalene, antioxidants, vitamin C, and so much more. It’s great for healing damaged skin and combatting dryness. Use with caution if you are acne prone.
- Make your own hydrating masks. Avocado and Greek yogurt is a particularly hydrating combination with lots of healing properties as well.
- Apply coconut oil before bedtime. Coconut oil is a popular and ancient tool for healthy skin and hair. By applying a thin layer before bed, you’ll create a barrier for your skin to keep it hydrated all night. This is especially good for those living in dry climates.
- Apply aloe vera to especially dry and irritated areas. Another old tried, and true remedy, aloe vera is a fantastic treatment for sunburns, dryness, and irritation. It can also help decrease signs of aging and acne.
- Spot treat with honey. Although sticky, honey acts as an emollient and humectant, keeping skin soft and helping it retain moisture.
Don’t Let Dryness Get You Down
Dry skin is common, and it’s no fun. Especially when the weather is relentlessly cold and dry, it can seem impossible to keep your skin happy. It doesn’t have to be hopeless, though. If you’re struggling, don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll help you come up with a plan.
Whether you need a collagen boost or a revitalizing treatment, we’ve got the technology and the experience to help you achieve the best and most hydrated skin of your life!