Exploring Collagen Repair Treatments: A Guide to Restoring Skin’s Elasticity
Collagen is one of your skin’s most important building blocks. It’s a protein that’s naturally produced by the body that is responsible for keeping your skin firm, plump, soft, and glowing. Although our bodies produce it on their own, its production does start waning as we age.
Eventually, our bodies stop producing as much of it – and what’s there starts breaking down faster. This is where good-quality products and collagen repair treatments become crucial. There are many ways you can get more collagen into your skin and even encourage your body to produce more of it.
Read on to learn more about restoring skin elasticity with collagen.
Collagen Repair Treatment
Our special collagen repair treatment is a gentle, non-invasive procedure that works to hydrate and plump the skin. It’s one of our most advanced procedures for skin elasticity restoration. We do this with our patented pure collagen masque and an oxygen infusion. There are a few steps to this treatment, all of them painless and you can relax the whole time:
- First, we deep clean your skin to ensure we’re starting with a fresh, clean canvas. This properly prepares your skin for all the next steps.
- Next, we exfoliate using an all-natural scrub to polish away dead skin cells and open up your pores for deeper product penetration.
- After exfoliating, we tone your skin to restore your pH balance and to help hydrate and nourish your skin.
- Next is the oxygen infusion. For this step, we place a special serum into the handpiece of our device, infusing the oxygen with vitamin C, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, or arbutin, depending on your skin’s needs. We then use the device to deliver the infused oxygen directly to the pores.
- After the oxygen treatment, we move on to the collagen masque. This is made of 92% pure collagen and red algae. It penetrates the skin and gets the nutrients into the deeper layers. Once done, we enhance the masque with an application of hyaluronic acid serum.
- To finish it off, we place a clear dome over your face for one final infusion step while you relax for about half an hour.
- Once this is done, we seal it all in with a hydrating moisturizer and a zinc-based sunscreen for protection.
We recommend you do these collagen restoration treatments about once every six months to see ongoing, consistent results.
Microneedling is a unique process also known as collagen induction therapy. It’s a treatment that harnesses and enhances your body’s ability to heal itself. It targets collagen that’s hidden in the deeper layers of the skin by causing micro “injuries” on the face. This causes collagen to rush to the surface, offering benefits such as firming, plumping, and hydrating.
It’s a non-invasive, effective procedure with minimal downtime. There are a few steps to this process:
- First, we do a deep cleanse to ensure no residue or product is left on your skin.
- Next, we apply a numbing cream to the treatment area and allow it about 15 minutes or so to take effect.
- After wiping the numbing cream off, we begin the treatment. We divide the treatment area into sections so we can focus on one at a time. Most areas will be treated with two to three passes of microneedling for optimal results.
- Once the microneedling is finished you’ll notice tiny pinpoints of bleeding. This is normal and it means the treatment worked.
- Lastly, we apply some of our signature hyaluronic acid serum for hydration and nourishment.
It’s normal to experience some redness and sensitivity for a couple of days after treatment. Following this, you should see some scabbing and flaking. This is your body’s natural way of shedding dead skin cells, so don’t worry about this stage.
The full results of the treatment can be seen about five to seven days after. For the best possible results, we often recommend several treatments, depending on the severity of your skin issues.
Topical Products for Collagen Repair
Lastly, something you can do for your skin regularly is apply a good-quality product that supports the production and maintenance of collagen. One of the best things for this is a retinoid cream. It’s sold under a few names and sometimes the one you need may only be available through a prescription, so it’s worth a conversation with a medical professional if you’d like to look into it.
The main ingredient is a vitamin A derivative and has been proven effective in not only boosting the production of collagen but slowing collagen breakdown. It’s important to note that sometimes using these creams can make things a little worse before they get better, so hang in there and keep going to see the results you want.
There are many methods for reversing sagging skin with collagen treatments, but nothing is better than prevention. By providing your skin with regular collagen support, it’ll make rejuvenating skin’s firmness easier and it’ll delay the signs of aging that come with a lack of collagen.
Eat the Right Foods
In addition to the best products and treatments, you can boost your collagen production by eating the right foods! Things like chicken, egg whites, berries, and citrus fruits do a great job to help your body stay on top of making collagen. Vitamin C and vitamin A play a huge role in enhancing collagen production for firm skin, so look for foods rich in these two vitamins.
Boost Your Collagen Production Today
Among the many techniques for collagen rejuvenation are our collagen repair treatment and microneedling, two things that work wonders to restore healthy, glowing skin. You can start the process right away by adding some collagen-boosting foods to your diet and getting a good topical product.
Beyond that, we’re happy to offer a wide range of advanced skincare treatments administered by some of the best and most experienced technicians. Contact us today to book an appointment or consultation and we’ll get you on the path to better skin in no time!