While a great skincare routine is a perfect foundation for healthy skin, there are so many ways you can supplement your efforts. Between masks, peels, exfoliation, and more, you can refresh and rejuvenate your skin regularly.
LED light therapy is one of these powerful treatments. You can reveal plump, hydrated, and beautiful skin in an hour or less with our LED light therapy facial – using nothing but a safe, comfortable, and gentle light. LED therapy for skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive and painless treatment that you can do regularly for amazing results. Read on to learn more about professional LED light therapy treatments.
What is an LED Facial Treatment?
LED light therapy for the skin is a popular treatment because it’s so safe and gentle while offering many benefits. This treatment uses specific wavelengths to target various skin concerns. It works primarily by targeting your collagen and helping to lift and tighten the skin.
Collagen is a crucial factor in healthy and youthful skin. Our bodies do generate it, but this slows down considerably as we age. When this happens, it’s imperative you maintain your collagen levels and stimulate production whenever you can.
With regular treatment, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits for your skin, making it look and feel younger, brighter, and healthier. Everyone and their skin are different, but the average person needs about five or six treatments on average to see optimal results.
LED Light Facial Benefits
- Treat and reduce acne
- Improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve hyperpigmentation
- Promotes collagen production
- Address inflammation
- Increase cellular activity
While these are the main benefits, it’s important to remember that everyone’s skin responds differently. For example, many people benefit from infrared light therapy for inflammation, but others may find light therapy for wrinkles to be more effective. Blue light therapy for acne is a common one as well, but acne can appear for many different reasons.
The most important thing is getting to the root of your problems and choosing a treatment accordingly! If you’re unsure what’s best for you, our knowledgeable technicians will work with you to get the best treatments for your specific skin concerns and goals.
What to Expect From an LED Light Therapy Facial
On average, light therapy for skin treatments takes about 45 minutes to an hour. It’s a luxurious experience from start to finish, and you’ll come out the other side looking and feeling great!
You can expect several steps from an LED light therapy treatment:
- First, we deep clean your skin to ensure we’re working with a fresh, clean canvas. This prepares your skin for what’s coming.
- We use an all-natural facial scrub to polish and buff away dead skin, opening your pores up for deeper and more effective product application and penetration.
- Next, we place the LED dome over your face and leave it there for an appropriate amount of time.
- After treatment, we seal it all in with a buildable and hydrating moisturizer. This enhances the efficacy of the entire treatment.
- Lastly, we apply zinc-based sunscreen to protect your skin for the rest of the day.
How to Prepare for Your LED Facial Treatment
While the treatment itself does most of the work, there are a few things you should do to ensure you get the best treatment possible. Following these simple instructions sets you up for a safe, successful, and effective procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure before your treatment, and especially avoid getting burned. It may not be safe or comfortable to treat burned skin.
- Come to your appointment with a clean, fresh face. This means no makeup or other products.
- Let your skincare professional know about any medications you’re on, including topical and oral medications. Certain things may cause unwanted side effects and make the treatment unsafe. It’s very important your technician knows what you’re on so they can help you make a safe and informed decision.
What to Expect Post Treatment
LED light therapy treatments are gentle and non-invasive so they don’t require much recovery time. However, you may still experience some side effects. Firstly, you’ll have some mild redness and swelling at the treatment site. This should subside after about two hours, though may last up to two or three days.
It may feel like you have a sunburn for a few hours after treatment as well – this is perfectly normal. Redness, swelling, and mild discomfort or sensitivity aren’t major causes for concern. This means the treatments are working and your skin is responding!
How to Maintain the Results of Your LED Light Therapy Treatments
We usually recommend a series of five or six treatments to get the best results from LED light therapy. Your skin will be plump and rejuvenated and you’ll want this to last as long as possible. Results will be visible and noticeable immediately after treatment, and it’s up to you to ensure you maximize these results.
Follow these tips to get the most out of your treatments and maintain long-lasting results:
- Wait to apply any makeup until the skin no longer feels uncomfortable or irritated.
- Avoid sun exposure and burns. When you must go out in the sun, always wear strong and good-quality sunscreen.
- Avoid picking and scratching at the treatment area, even if it feels a little itchy.
- You may bathe any time after treatment, but be gentle on your skin. A good rule of thumb is to treat the skin as if it’s sunburned for about 24 hours.
- Our at-home LED Facial Mask can be used consistently for about 15 minutes a day. After our professional in-office treatments are complete, this is your best chance at maintaining your new healthy, youthful, glowing skin! Elevate your routine even further with our other at-home devices: the Torche System, and the Eneo Blue.
Refresh Your Skin With an LED Facial
There are many ways you can treat your skin with some enhanced TLC, and our LED facial treatments are one of the best. They’re also a great way to complement some of the other treatments we offer! Contact us today to book an appointment or just get your questions answered!